Monday, October 12, 2009

Mondays in Iceland - #21

AT LAST!


Reykjavík, Harbour with Sculpture and Imagine Peace Tower

I'm back on the rock. I've got a few days to settle in before the madness begins, I did some walking about, went swimming, and ate at a wonderful little restaurant recommended by Maria's Cat (see comments.) The Plokkfiskur með rúgbrauði was to die for.



Evidently this was Bobby Fischer's favorite place to eat. I may have to go back for the Hrár Hvalur Sasimi að japönskum sið.

And last, but not least:



Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

More to come all week long...

By Professor Batty


5 Comments:

Blogger ECS said...

we saved some of the wind for you to experience today :)

definitely worth going back for the whale sashimi. I have it every time I go there.


Anonymous mary said...

You bring romance into my life!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the folks at UCL saw a crazy man with a bicycle waving from Reykjavik Harbor. Have Fun!!!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

ECS ~ Aw, it wasn't that windy!

Mary ~ It's the least I can do for you, considering who you brought into the world!

UCL folks ~ I'm crazy- crazy like an arctic fox!


Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on your triumphant return! I looked at the web cam slightly after 11am (PST) but I'm not certain that I saw you. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023