Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Godless Sinner

A FITK re-post…

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Living a life without god is a conscious choice. You learn about the religions of the world and if nothing appeals to you, decision is made to do without it. You don't judge those who do believe and you can only ask of them to do the same for you. As you get older and you experience more you start questioning your decisions. Did you get it all wrong? Maybe there is a god and he is punishing you for abandoning him. Do your skeptic thoughts mean that maybe you do believe in more than you want to acknowledge?

You look at those who have faith with envious eyes and you wish you could find it within you to believe as strongly as they do. Their faith gives them answers you so desperately seek and for a brief moment you consider converting.

You then realize you can't make up faith not matter how strongly you want it. It's wrong to disown something when things are going well and come crawling back when things are bad. Either you believe or you don't. Something else needs to fill the emptiness inside and that becomes your quest. Who provides you the answers?

By Little Miss Loopy

2 Comments:

lab munkay said...

Yes, Miss Loopy, always question everything. As a believer, I sometimes look at ones without and wonder if I am not buying into whoey. Give me some proof, and make it rock solid. It has been my own personal miracles that gives me my faith.

Anonymous said...

In my eyes I see God, and faith as an energy. It's human nature to want to believe in something, or someone, it helps to get through long and trying days. People that have faith, either it be God, or the Pope etc. have energy. When I see someone in despair, I close my eyes and say a silent prayer, am I talking with God? or am I sending a positive energy towards that person? I guess its up to one's opinion.....

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Professor Batty said...

This post is from a 20-something Icelandic woman, Auður Ösp. I discovered her in early 2004 in her blog A Woman Without A Man and she graciously contributed over a dozen posts to FITK, each of them had nuanced reflections on the world and her place in it. I used many posts from her AWWAM blog as companion pieces to my photographs in a show I had in 2005. She went on to create the extremely successful I Heart Reykjavík website and walking tour, which, in March of 2020 was a casualty of the Covid pandemic. She is currently active in media relations with Pósturinn, the Icelandic postal service.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023