Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Gift Beyond Price

   After reading Lab Munkay's latest bit of domestic hilarity (she is one FUNNY Munkay!), I remembered a not-so funny trick of my dad's.

   First,  get a small, trusting child. Induce this little cherub to peer up a coat sleeve by saying "You want to see stars in a coat sleeve?" As the child looks, and waits, you quickly pour a glass of water down the sleeve.

   Ha ha.

   Actually, now that I think about it, this was probably what passed for entertainment in the depths of the depression. "Make your own fun". Munkay has the right idea. Any excuse to wrassle, dance or otherwise amuse your self and your kids when they are young is a gift beyond price.

By Professor Batty



2 Comments:

Blogger lab munkay said...

Thanks Batty. Maybe I'm just easily entertained but my sister and I once spent the majority of an summer playing with a cedar pole. That pole propted between two trees at shoulder height was our olympic bar. In our minds we came up with wonderful forien names and the country's we were representing along with complete introductions. Our routines we choregraphed were truly one of a kind, had to be, we only had one bar! That and we sucked at board games.


Blogger Our Fanny said...

Mmmm... Professor, I seem to remember my big brother showing ME stars in a coatsleeve...

Post a Comment