2006- Summed Up In A Meme
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? Went to a music festival overseas.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Yes I did, and I'll make the same one as always- keep the weight down.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A niece.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? Iceland (Of course)
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? The feeling of job security for more than three months.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The ones with Kristín and Audi, naturally!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Keeping my good humor.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not ending the war.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes, a nice clean cut, needing several stitches.
11. What was the best thing you bought? An antique handwoven Icelandic rug.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My wife's, for understanding (tolerating?) my blog fixation.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? George W. Bush's, but that's hardly a surprise.
14. Where did most of your money go? Iceland (My expendable income at least!)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? That week in October!
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? IBM 1401: a users manual.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner
c) richer or poorer? richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Swimming
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? With family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Sweetie, I fell in love in 1976 and I've been in love ever since.
22. How many one-night stands? Really!
23. What was your favorite TV program? The Simpsons
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.
25. What was the best book you read? The Fish Can Sing, Halldór Laxness
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Ölóf Arnalds
27. What did you want and get? A Samsung NV10
28. What did you want and not get? A raise.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Mýrin
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Nothing special, 56.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Winning the lottery- I know that's crass- but it would make my retirement options infinitely easier.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Ridiculous, as always.
33. What kept you sane? My wife's unerring analysis.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Still intrigued by Dylan.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The arrogance of the stupid bastards who rule the country. They should be cut down to size.
36. Who did you miss? Still missing John Lennon.
37. Who were the best new people you met? See #7.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. The world is a good place.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "It takes courage to enjoy it"