Thursday, May 17, 2007

So Many Tags, So Little Time

There was some strange convergence of tags/memes going on today. Reshma, Kristín and Marie all had a personal questions-thing going on, so I mashed them all together and now present the results:

1. Pick out a scar you have, and explain how you got it. Under my chin- received while just a newborn, something about a swollen gland?

2. What does your phone look like? Ultra modern Michael Graves design, desk model. I don't have a cell.

3. What is on the walls of your bedroom? The only thing on the walls is a picture of Reykjavík, looking over Norðurmýri, Kjarvalsstaðir and east of the city with the surrounding mountains in the distance.

4. What is your current desktop picture? Never had any. Solid light gray.

5. Do you believe in gay marriage? I don't believe in sad marriage.

6. What do you want more than anything right now? US out of Iraq.

7. What time were you born? Central Standard.

8. Are your parents still together? Side by side, for eternity.

9. Last person who made you cry? I cry at corny movies.

10. What is your favorite perfume/cologne? White Shoulders. MMMMM!

11. What kind of hair/eye color do you like in the opposite sex? Red hair, Green eyes. Women with green eyes hypnotize me. Also, brown Hair, brown eyes. And blond hair, Blue eyes. No hair? Sinead O'Connor, Rowrr!

12. What are you listening to? Recently: Björk- Volta, Amiina- Kurr, Various- A Tribute To Joni Mitchell

13. Do you get scared of the dark? No, I like to walk in the woods when it is nearly pitch-black.

14. Do you like pain killers? A little Aspirin for muscle strains. Don't take anything else. Don't like feeling dopey.

15. Are you too shy to ask someone out? No, But being happily married, any "dates" I may have are strictly platonic.

16. If you could eat anything right now, what would it be? Cherry Pie.

17. Who was the last person you made mad? I don't want to go there, the truth hurts sometimes.

18. Is anyone in love with you? The Weaver. Any one else?

19. What's the strangest thing you've ridden in or on? A sadistic carnival ride: "The Bullet"- which later was banned from the state after too many(!) fatalities.

20. What's the strangest thing in your home? a William Hogarth engraving The Distrest Poet, dated 1740. Purchased in a thrift store in Minneapolis.

21. What's the strangest nickname anyone has ever given you? Cowdrow Wilson. It didn't make any sense then either. Also "Couch" and even "Alice".

22. Where's the strangest place you've ever slept? On the shores of Lake Superior, in Bayfield Wisconsin; the moon was rising over the water as I fell into the deepest sleep I've ever had.

23. Who's your strangest family member? Ah, hello? The name is BATTY.

Five things about myself that I haven't mentioned on my blog?

#1. Charter subscriber to Ms. magazine.
#2. Had an underground newspaper in high school.
#3. Almost didn't graduate from high school despite an "A" average (see #2)
#4. I was a "Feral Child".
#5. The naked bike trip.

Caveat Emptor: Not all of the above are necessarily true.

By Professor Batty



5 Comments:

Blogger RS said...

You'll have to explain the feral child bit. Unless you're an Icelandic Mowgli brought up by snow wolves.


Blogger Comica said...

I think it's time to write posts about those subjects not previously mentioned and in great detail, too!

Also... "Alice"?! I would've pegged you for a Rhonda.


Blogger Kristín said...

OK, that doesn't sound very much like my granddad.

And there are no wolves in Iceland. Only the Arctic fox.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

RS- I inadvertently edited out #6 which was "One of these statements is a lie."

Comica- for better or worse, I will probably use these answers as inspiration for many future posts...

Kristín- I'm just an Icelandic grandfather wannabe...


Blogger reetsyburger said...

Batty, you forgot the last step! You've got to tag others. So they say.

Post a Comment