Monday, April 06, 2009

Luncheon



A light dusting of late season snow could not deter me from a Sunday luncheon appointment with my long-time blog-pal Lab Munkay. A most civilized affair and although neither of us did much eating we did manage to spend three hours talking with each other and the owner and staff of a very nice restaurant in Scandia, Minnesota. Munkay was working up her review for a metro dining blog, I came along to snap a few pictures.

It is nice to catch-up with someone I usually only see on the internet. There was an easy back-and-forth in our dialog; anyone that can draw me out of my shell is a good conversationalist, indeed. With its background of "regulars", time was suspended in this pleasant place, as if the universe had forgotten about us for a few brief moments.

By Professor Batty



6 Comments:

Blogger lab munkay said...

Ha- ha Batty! You just got our small town 1.2. While we were posing for your pictures one of the waitress's was picking your pockets. Sorry.


Blogger Rose said...

Poor Batty.
So I hope one of you posts a link to the review!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

What the! I've been robbed, and Munkay stole my heart as well...


Anonymous Jon said...

I didn't know you were the turtley type. I can see munkay stripping you of your shell, but I would guess she has a way with that sort of thing.


Blogger lab munkay said...

Yeah, consider yourself lucky you didn't meet me at the fishy beaver..."Any one see a blond laughing and driving off in my car?"


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Munkay, you can drive my car...

Post a Comment