Friday, January 22, 2016

Flippist World Headquarters - 2016

Welcome to my pine-paneled garret, where "the magic happens."

Here's a view looking at the entrance:



It is looking pretty spiffy these days—the new rug really 'tied the room together'. Notice the lack of a door. Below is the Flippist library and media center. There are even some empty shelves! Various sources of inspiration adorn the wall. Vintage 50s Hi-Fi (mono, of course), with the large format printer underneath.  :



Next up, the right desk, more art, the wood case (new) holds all my cameras and lenses. Scanner is new as well, I needed for the "tentative photo show", with my trusty Wacom tablet on the pedestal below it:



The east side features a window, my guitar amp, an agave plant, and the Flippist Archives. The bottom row contains negatives and slides while the other three rows have boxes of photos and ephemera, from 1880 to the present:



Finally, the "Big Wall O' Guitars":



Some of 'em, not all of 'em. If two hockey teams ever stopped in, each player could have their own guitar!

By Professor Batty


5 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

Now I want my own room!I think I have to make an addition to the house for that to happen, though. I'm down to 6 guitars and a mandolin, but have been thinking about hanging them for quick access.


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

I recognize the picture of Wanda Gag that I have now up in my sewing room.

I don't think you have enough guitars, though. ;)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Jono ~ I've got a mandolin and a ukelele, too.

Shoshanah ~ I've got a couple more in the basement.


Blogger oroboros said...

Impressive, PB. Thanks for the tour of the bridge of the S.S. FITK! You've logged many fruitful hours...


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Oro ~ These pics almost have a "staged" look like a design magazine!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023