Saturday, August 18, 2018

FFA



My most successful crop this summer is the butternut squash I’ve been growing out of a pot on my patio. The concrete it is spreading over needs no tiresome weeding and the bugs have left it alone. It does need about a gallon of water a day and some occasional fertilizer (organic) as well. I should mention that it is under a sunshade sail most of the day so the squash doesn't cook itself on the vine.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, as they say, but if this works there might be some more urban farming in my future.

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger oroboros said...

No, it ends with 't'! �� Sorry to be 'flip'. Red sun inna mornin', sailor take warnin'.....


Blogger oroboros said...

Oops! Above comment meant for "Red Sun".


Blogger Professor Batty said...

That reminds me of a story about Karl Marx. He would only use teabags, he thought all "proper" tea was theft.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023