Friday, October 18, 2019

Taking a Part of Me

New track from JFDR:



blessed be every wound 
thank you for tearing me open

thank you for every tear 
thank you for making me fragile

for taking the love in me higher 
(finding that spot in me)

pulling me, spreading me 
further and closer and wider 

loving me, losing me, wanting me, seeing me, 
making me see what is tender and sweet in me

hurting me, setting free, 
taking a part of me, 
taking a part of me higher

~Jófriður Ákadóttir

Best listened to on headphones.

She continues to astound me with her fearless musicality.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023