Monday, July 19, 2004

Second Hand Nirvana

   I stopped in at the Thrift Store on my way home from work. You never can tell what will turn up. Today I saw the Dali Lama shopping there. He had the silk robe, the shaved head, the glasses, etc...I guess that although his material needs are few, he does have some. Maybe he was shopping for a razor, another bowl and spoon, or some new sandals.

    There was a cassette tape of Nirvana on the shelf a few days ago, I don't know, was he looking for it? Maybe it wasn't the REAL Dali Lama, only a poseur, a wannabe, or perhaps a body double. He was looking through a bin of hand tools, maybe there was a broken hinge that needed mending at the temple.

   Whoever he was, (and he was a dead ringer) he was regular guy, not slumming or putting on airs. No "holier that thou" attitude.

   When you shop second-hand, everybody is equal.

By Professor Batty



0 Comments:

Post a Comment