In Honor of the Dreaded V-Day and Being Single...
The Ideal Mate will:
1) He doesn't have to watch all of my Peter Pan DVD, but if he could
watch Chapter 14, and know it's my favorite chapter, then that's fine.
2) Sing, whether he has talent or not.
3) Treat every kiss as though it was his first and last.
4) Know who J.R.R. Tolkien was.
5) Not sneer at the idea of Europe as a vacation spot.
6) Enjoy reading.
7) Have attempted to learn a language other than English.
8) Not smoke cigarettes, and give me a high five for quitting the hookah.
9) Not laugh too much if I cry at the end of "Phantom of the Opera."
10) Accept the fact that I have a slight Southwest Virginian accent.
11) Be allowed to mock my slight Southwest Virginia accent, because I do it all the time.
12) Think bad jokes are just as amusing as good ones.
13) Remember Autumn sunsets and keep them holy.
14) Be open minded.
15) Trust me, and I will trust him wholeheartedly.
16) Understand my silliness, and will gladly accept it as a contagious disease.
17) Know that I will try to tickle him.
18) Slow dance with me.
19) Not hold it against me that I want to slow dance.
20) Enjoy life.
21) Appreciate the joy of fruit.
22) Roll his eyes if I say anything relating to the name "Took."
23) Know that 22 means he's listening to what I have to say.
24) Hold open doors. (Just once at least!)
25) Not laugh at me for being poor.
26) Love me for being me.
27) Be glad to walk under the stars.
28) Love talking until the dawn breaks.
29) Be Patient.
30) Understand that I despise Valentines' Day!
I don't ask for much, do I?