Monday, July 18, 2005

Easily Amused

Sometimes the cynic in me is overwhelmed. My icy crust of irony dissolves into giggles over silly TV comedy sketches or a Fred Bassett comic strip. I have a friend who once worked for a National Public Radio personality, I asked him what his job entailed and he simply replied: "Making Papa laugh." Perhaps that concept is the origin of all comedy. Papa is happy, nobody gets hurt. The court jester- magnified a hundred million times. We're all Bozos on this bus! Laughing to keep from crying. What's so funny? What is the secret of TIMING IS THE SECRET OF COMEDY comedy?

I declare that sometimes my mental age is about eight. When I am unable to laugh anymore, then I'll be grown up dead.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Comica said...

Abbott and Costello...
Laurel and Hardy...
Martin and Lewis...

I always used these six to get me going, though honestly I could look at a wall and find something funny about it to share.

Being easily tickled is the only way to live!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024