Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Master Builder

"Show me your achievement, and the knowledge will give me courage for mine." - Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead



… or, home improvement volume II. There it is, the compost heap behind the garage. The only structure on earth conceived, designed and erected by yours truly. My legacy. I told the Weaver that I thought it looked Pre-Columbian. The Weaver thought that comparison was an insult to the Mayas and the Incas.

My apologies to Ayn Rand.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

That's a very attractive compost heap, Batty. What I don't get is, how can you leave it exposed like that...don't animals get into it? Or is it for yard waste and not kitchen waste? Raccoons visit my daughter's composter nightly, and it has sides and a lid! Don't you have bears, too? Your siding looks lovely, by the way.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

...Strictly yard waste, our former neighbors had a kitchen compost, that's probably a better idea in the country... we actually have had a bear visit our fair town recently, but deer are far more common - they'll only eat the freshest, most succulent vegies...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023