Friday, June 20, 2008

Desperately Seeking Sharon, Part 7

Epilogue


I made my way back to the office. Even though I went all around the world I didn’t really get what I had set out for. The Baron made good on his contract though, he even paid me a bonus—in mutton!

And now I am alone. Alone, sitting at my desk with a glass of Brennivín, my laptop, and an 8x10 glossy of her-—Sharon Spotbottom.

She's even more of a mystery now than when I started. What makes her tick? Why did she do that disappearing act? What was it with that poison dart action? And that stunt at the UN! I guess I'll never really figure out that dizzy dame.

I was just about to put a lid on the whole affair when I noticed an eMail had come in. I opened it with some trepidation.

It was from Sharon, one final chapter in this strange saga:

Hiya Batty! Sorry about the dart. Sometimes I just have to get away for a while, and you were crowding my personal space. I needed a new perspective on things. Maybe this will answer your questions. SHARON

I guess it's true what they say about her: Sharon is all things to all things and nothing if she is anything.

                                   CASE CLOSED

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Spotbottom said...

What a journey, what a conclusion.
A well written and rich character driven delight. One mans search for an elusive bird bringing him full circle back to nothing and finding everything.

Blogger Times best seller list for 7 weeks.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

... thanks for entrusting your multi-dimensional persona with my speculative fiction. Same time, next year?


Blogger lab munkay said...

No. Not a year, Write another sooner.


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

I hate to be redundant, but EPIC is truly the word, Batty.
My two favorite blogger both have an excess of unchanneled creativity.
But maybe after this I can no longer say unchanneled. Anyway, it was great.
Brimnes has finally made it to the top of my to do list-yay!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023