Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dog Day Matinee



A summer movie season is nearly over and I haven't been tempted yet. I think I'll have to see Julie and Julia, although critical reviews have been lukewarm, I'm a sucker for Meryl Streep. And Julia Child.
There have been plenty of the usual carnage-flicks, lightweight romances and frat-boy "comedies", but not many of the quirky independent sleepers. With more films being made than ever, and from all parts of the world, you would think that there would be a better selection. Netflicks is great, but it's fun to go out once in a while, and The Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Film Fest doesn't come back until MAY!

Anyone see something worthwhile lately?

By Professor Batty


6 Comments:

Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

I'm thinking you're thinking Harry Potter doesn't count ;-)


Blogger lab munkay said...

Sorry I tried to send you a link to nakid dancing Swedes worth watching but it broke.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Rose ~ Now if it were Harry Potter and Julia Child (The Magic of French Cooking?) you might tempt me.

Lab Munkay ~ The link worked fine (on my email.) I've seen the naked Swedes already, pretty funny:

http://showhype.com/video/youtube_kn_ckebr_ddans_talang_2009/


Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might have seen this before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA
is a good way to waste 5 minutes and 33 seconds


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Niranjana ~ "... I guess that means he just flipped me the bird..."

Priceless!


Blogger Comica said...

I just saw 500 Days of Summer last night and absolutely loved it. Funny People was also good because it wasn't too much of the typical Apatow; more of a dramedy with a realistic way of saying "A comedian's life isn't ideal, especially if he's sick."

And Harry Potter was as fabulous as always. The emphasis seemed to be more on hormones than fighting evil, though, but that happens.

Corey and I are going to see Ponyo on Tuesday and I have high hopes for that because I'm a Miyazaki fan. :)

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024