Monday, August 30, 2010

Bad Mark

Facebook™ is trying to register the word "Face" as a trademark. Even Stalin, in his most revisionist excesses, never went as far as to restrict the usage of a common word. If Mark Zuckerberg does get his way, will we have to come up with a different word for that most basic human feature to avoid paying a license? Or will the word "face" have to have to be updated with a ™ symbol every time is is written? Will The Beatles I've Just Seen a Face become I've Just Seen a Face™? Will hockey games have "Face™-offs?"

I think I'll try to trademark the word "anus." I'll then be able to redefine it and use it as I see fit:



                        ANUS™


Photo:Elaine and Priscilla Chan

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Wim Van Hooste said...

In The Netherlands a bank wanted to claim the words "The bank" (de bank.
Facebook is going to wrong way, even before this action.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

It's amazing how money causes arrogance.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023