Friday, September 24, 2010

Not This Time



Iðno Audience, Iceland Airwaves, 2009

Received an email today with a link to the 2010 Iceland Airwaves Festival schedule. More bands, more venues (although some are smaller), and all the more I'll miss them. There are some tough choices, the schedule has some of my favorite bands playing in the same time slots (Amiina and Pascal Pinon- right across the street from each other!) Perhaps it is just as well. I'll be somewhere in the wilds of northern Minnesota while 250 (!) acts will be performing over five days. They haven't posted the off-venue schedule yet, hopefully The Nordic House will have their excellent afternoon series again (I've been getting hits on my site-meter from and about there lately.)

As teaser for those lucky enough to be going, I'll sign off with this shot from last years Airwaves:



Daníel Bjarnason and Orchestra, Iceland Airwaves, 2009

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I have been looking at the schedule and feel overwhelmed about figuring out which concerts to attend. A good problem to have.

I suspect the off venue schedule will interest me more..


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Just take it a day at a time, early-middle-late, with 1st and 2nd choices. The nights and venues seem to be arranged by genre, that might help. The shows are running later this year, more like it was in 2006. Tjarnarbío is a movie theater with a proper stage, the "classier" acts look to be playing there. Bob Clueness at Reykjavík Sex Farm has been giving some breakdowns on various nights/venues/acts to see (or avoid, depending on your tastes.) The electronica night at Faktory on Wednesday might be good. I've seen Evil Madness and they were very good- electronic horror movie soundtracks, with Johann playing live keyboards along with a couple of guys doing programming.

I kept a little Moleskine with My planned schedule written down with times in the margin and a taped-in venue map. That worked OK, the Airwaves layout is kind of confusing.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023