Monday, December 19, 2011

Webcam Winter Wonderland


Tjörnin, 1610 GMT, 18 December 2011. Via the Míla webcam

Webcams can be fun, but stationary ones are usually pretty dull. With the right weather and at the right time of day, however, the images they transmit can possess considerable charm.

More webcams at the link, including a "New Years Eve" cam from Öskjuhlíð, the hill overlooking the city. If the weather is clear, it should provide a great view of the fireworks that night.

By Professor Batty


5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Albertson said...

What a beautiful picture. I fed many a duck there.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I've walked up and down this stretch more than any other area in Reykjavík.


Anonymous I'd Rather Be in Iceland said...

I love these webcams! In fact I made use of the Austurvollur one this year. I'm quite enjoying the Geysir one at the moment. I also like the traffic cams that effectively show that there is no traffic!


Blogger Jono said...

I look at that webcam nearly every day.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

There used to be some other good ones, one on the harbor and one on Bankastraeti (that would pan and zoom) but I fear they have gone the way of the Kreppa...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023