Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Mondays in Iceland - #24

Took my bike to the Old Harbour part of Reykjavík.

It has undergone dramatic changes in the last 12 years. It is now full of very nice places to eat. The changes have been done for the most part by using existing buildings and keeping the new ones in proper scale, while still keeping the boatworks and other industrial uses. In a warehouse building I found the shop Farmers Market, a place featuring Icelandic garments:





After a swim I headed up the hill to a coffeehouse near Hallgrímskirkja to meet with Maria of the Iceland Eyes blog. We both were struck with the strange feeling of meeting someone for the first time, yet knowing an awful lot about each other - our blog interactions go back to 2004! Conversation ranged from blogging (past and present), Robert Graves, writing, music, relationships and life in general:



It was a rainy night, but my new DSLR is weather proofed, so it was a good night for seeing what it could do: As I was setting up for a shot this young couple "happened" to get in the picture:
Tomorrow Yoko Ono and Lady Gaga will be in town, Yoko will be giving Lady G an award.

I'm going to try to sneak in to the ceremony.

By Professor Batty


5 Comments:

Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Too bad Pussy Riot can't make it


Blogger Mary said...

In my experience, a conversation with a UC Santa Cruz grad is usually a good one. :)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Darien~ that would be quite the cosmic convergence!

Mary~ it was very good, on many levels.


Blogger Jono said...

Very cool that you got to meet Maria. I have been a fan of hers for quite some time. I hope you make it to the ceremony, too. Maybe we'll see a picture of you, Yoko, and Lady G in the news. It's great having a WR camera, isn't it?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Jono~ Maria is even cooler in real life than she appears to be in Iceland Eyes. I couldn't get an "audience" with Yoko and G this afternoon, but I'm leaving right now to see if I can catch them at the lighting of the Peace Tower.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024