Monday, November 24, 2014

Wanda in Art School

A recent exchange with my blog-pal Shoshanah (concerning powers nimrodic) pushed the noted Artist/Writer/Translator Wanda Gág back to the forefront of my limited attention span. Here are a few images from her college days, circa 1916:



Wanda and her gal pals:



I've read that she was no slouch on guitar:



Wanda in one of her "moods":



On the steps of the Art School (now MCAD):



And, finally, this self-portrait, done on a grocery bag:



Images from Wanda's personal albums and correspondence, The Kerlan Collection.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

At the point where I've read to, she's written probably six times now in her diary, "I wish I could play guitar." I'm glad she learned!

She's so much better looking than she describes herself! The diary is so fascinating. Thank you again.

I'm developing quite the crush on her myself.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

And I haven't yet put up any "sexy" Wanda pics!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023