Monday, December 07, 2015

Mondays in Iceland - #39



Bæjarins beztu pylsur,  on Tryggvagata, near Kolaportið, has been at the same location* for nearly 80 years, faithfully serving their delectable and affordable Icelandic hot dogs to throngs of locals and tourists alike.  At 400 kronur (about $3) they are one of the few bargains in food to be found in Iceland. I won't say that they have the best hot dog I've ever eaten, but their pylsa are distinctive (made with lamb and pork, served with a special remoulade sauce) and memorable—I never fail to have at least half a dozen every time I visit Reykjavík (not all at once!)

Just thinking of them brings me back to the funky little shack near the harbour.

*Due to recent construction, they had to move the stand 10 meters!

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023