Monday, February 06, 2017

Not Ruby

A few years ago I wrote about my Great-Aunt Ruby Jorns.

There was a little flurry of interest in that post, including emails from a man who, when he was a child, was fostered by Ruby for a time, as well as an inquiry from The Mount Horeb Historical Society.

Her husband Byron (who I never met) was an artist of local renown. His work appears from time to time on various art auction sites, which is where I found this sketch of a charming young woman combing her hair, while a cat looks on.

I assume that the model was not my great-aunt Ruby, who would have been 49 at the time.

I’ll let you imagine the back-story.

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

Lucky cat!


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

I've been working with the Mount Horeb Historical Society lately. They are good people. We are part way through getting approval from various Troll Artists to do a "Trolls of Mount Horeb Coloring Book," to be sold at their new Driftless Museum Gift Shop, opening this summer.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

We'll be in the Madison area in mid-May, hope your coloring book is available then.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023