Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The Last Birthday Party


Kevin, Cathy, Me, Sister Jean, Frank, Kirby and Keith

Woo-hoo! A party!
I was turning seven, these might be the happiest pictures of me as a child in existence. We had quite a few of the neighborhood kids there, enough so that my mother bowed out of the preparations, letting my father cater the whole affair—cake and ice cream. Lots of ice cream.


Frank, Cathy, Kevin, Me, Kirby, Jeannie, Delroy, Arlen (standing)

If Arlen doesn’t look so happy, it may be due to the fact his family had never had ice cream (they might not have had a refrigerator, there were still ice-boxes in use then) and my dad let him eat as much as he wanted. Arlen ended up getting his stomach pumped.

That was the last birthday party I ever had.

By Professor Batty


6 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

Maybe it's time you have another part. _ _ _ decades is a long time to wait.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

It's six, but who's counting?

ICE CREAM FOR EVERYBODY, ALL YOU CAN EAT!


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

I didn't know you COULD eat too much ice cream!


Blogger oroboros said...

BRAIN FREEZE!! 😬


Anonymous Andy said...

Wonderful! I remember your old house, next door to my Uncle Frank & Aunt Mabel... I don't think we knew each other until we were 8, but my memory often fails me...


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Andy ~ I remember your Aunt and Uncle well, I think you were nine when you started coming over, we moved out in the summer of '60…

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023