Thursday, November 02, 2017

The Snow is Falling…

A week ago we were basking in Indian Summer, we extended it another week with a trip to Seattle where it was glorious everyday. Now, the chickens of winter have come home to roost. Things could be worse, three of my blog-pals (Darien, Shoshanah, and Sharon) have seen their childhood neighborhood consumed by fire. Sharon even sent me this selfie, escaping from the flames:



Shoshanah has started a new endeavor with her Patreon Account (lots of good stuff) and her “Magic Theater”, a true one-to-one artistic experience. I received my first original art postcard from her on Monday:



Last month’s flurry of Icelandic-themed posts was probably due to the 2017 Iceland Airwaves that started yesterday. I'd buy a ticket just to see the the Saturday night show of a reunited Pascal Pinon, with strings at Fríkirkjan (video trailer at the link.)

UPDATE: Video from the show:



By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

Thank you for mentioning my postcard project.

I really hope the drawing of Sharon on fire was more metaphorical than actual!

My family made it through the fire without injury, though my dad now has a fire extinguisher firmly mounted in his van. And there were some strange stories. My sister is a postal carrier, and her route was evacuated, but her supervisor still insisted she deliver the mail! I think she didn't. Then my mom, who lives sixty miles south in San Francisco, said that her her next door neighbor put out a live ember that landed in her backyard. (Mom called to ask indirectly about Dad, whom she's been divorced from for forty years. Dad had the car backed, but never actually had to evacuate.) Not everyone was so lucky, I know.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

"Sharon" now lives in San Rafael, but her mother had to be evacuated and almost lost her house. Her old neighborhood is gone.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023