Friday, December 15, 2017

Porcelain Queen

Joan in Studio, 1984

I recently spent a weekend with some of my sister-in-laws. One constant at their three homes was the porcelain we had given them, still being used and still looking great after all these years. Joan, the potter, has retired from throwing, her last sale was about five years ago and since then she suffered a flooded basement that ruined her equipment. I miss seeing (and buying) her new stuff, especially at Christmas.

I haven’t seen anyone else currently doing what she did.

I’ve got a bunch of it, it brings me joy almost every day.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

I have only thrown porcelain a few times, but it is fun.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Joan's decorations are works of art in themselves.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023