Monday, July 02, 2018

Waseca Wonders

I spent my Saturday in the charming town of Waseca, Minnesota. Their annual Chautauqua was underway, a modest community get-together:


Northern Drawl played some somber folk story-songs.


The expressive Joan Mooney was the main organizer and MC.

After a while, I took a stroll through town, this ivy-covered manse was a standout:



The imposing courthouse was equally impressive:



This art deco signage caught my eye:



And the bar behind the sign was an authentic survivor of the 1930s:



A little sepia-toning on my part helped tone down the modern signage:



Walking through the neighborhood, I spotted this classic Italianate tri-plex for sale:



Back at the Chautauqua, a jazzy trio played an eclectic mix of tunes:


Julie Johnson and the No-Accounts

And the stories being told in the crowd were the best entertainment of all:

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023