Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Tabula Rasa

The Flippist World Headquarters™ wall of guitars is no more:




My long-planned and often-delayed garage sale was held last weekend; ’twas a resounding success. A large majority of them are now happily residing with new owners. I still have a few guitars (the most expensive ones, naturally) but they are destined to be sold as well. The south wall of Flippist World Headquarters™ is empty for now. I’m going to leave it that way for a while; it will probably end up covered with photographs and artwork.

Jettisoning my material goods has never bothered me; no regrets, coyote.

In addition to reconsidering the role of guitars, I've been pondering where FITK fits into my life. It has never been what is considered social media. I’ve never experienced the feeling of crashing a private club from this blog that I get from Facebook™. I still follow a few Instagram accounts as they are the only option for following some people I like. Twitter, in the right hands, can be very good, but still not as satisfying as a well-written blog. My visitors are few but varied; a world-wide mix that I’m grateful for. A “digital minimalism” is probably the best way to describe my approach. There are still a few things I’d like to accomplish here, as long as I get the sense that at least a few people are getting something out of it FITK will continue.

The wall, near its peak:

By Professor Batty


7 Comments:

Blogger jono said...

Geez, what are you going to do with all that wall space? I hope you kept enough to play. Good to know they all went to the next appreciative player. Thinning the herd takes some discipline and I am glad you have it. I moved off the farm and into town into a small space a couple of months ago. I need to unload some more things still.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I'm going to appreciate the emptiness of it for a while at least.
I've got dozens of prints framed and waiting for an opening.

Just a reminder, the Weaver and I will be in GM the 13th and 14th of July, mu old buddy Rich will be playing with his band at the Gunflint Tavern (Sunday afternoon even!)
Hope to see you you then.


Blogger jono said...

I'll mark it on the calendar!


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

Good for you! That’s an impressive purge!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

SLM ~ I could just about fill it with your art!


Blogger Mary said...

I definitely get a lot out of FITK but I think it all depends on whether YOU get something out of it.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I get a lot from FITK but often in unexpected ways.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023