Monday, October 14, 2019

The Very Last FITK Guitar Post!

These are my two newest guitars, both eBAY specials (less than $100 each!)

One is a “Snakehead” Fender Esquire copy. This guitar is based on the very first regular (not Hawaiian) guitar prototype that Fender designed in 1949. I bought it new, but put in a new bridge and, just to be period correct, slotted head screws. It is a really nice  player (after I lowered the nut), the ultimate in simplicity:



Below is a Fender Thinline™ twelve-string copy, built from a kit. This had real problems but, by re-drilling some holes and working on the nut, I brought it around:



I have sworn not to buy ANY more guitars, and will definitely not post about them again.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger jono said...

That's probably not the kind of thing you would want to swear to. Who knows what tomorrow may bring?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I’ll only post performances!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023