Friday, January 29, 2021

Puzzled

It’s taken nearly a year of Covid Confinement to break me.

I’ve completed my first jig-saw puzzle.

Instead of a serene landscape or, perhaps, a cute kitten, I choose the above map of Greater London. It started out well, but after the obvious clues (edges, rivers, the old city's borders) it became fiendishly difficult. The plethora of many similar place names (a lot of “… hams…” and “… hills…” didn’t help. There were even two different towns with the exact same name:


As I progressed I found all sorts of ways to locate a piece: assembling the names, using the latitude and longitude lines, even the almost microscopic train stations helped:

I had begun to doubt my sanity, but then found a Guardian article that convinced me that it was a good thing.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger jono said...

I am sure The Mirror or The Sun would refute that. :)

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023