Monday, July 24, 2023

The Trip Home

Chapter 30 of Search For a Dancer, a memoir of a week spent in Iceland in November 2022

When I got to the BSÍ terminal only a few people were waiting for the Flybus ride back to the airport. It was about 11:30 A.M.:
After waiting for about half an hour a bus pulled up and various vacationing vagabonds verily converged for the trip to Keflavík:
Goodbye lava, sea and Snæfellsness:
And then: there I was with luggage at the airport but minus my Speedo (which I had left drying on a rack in my apartment):
A saw my dopplegänger, who seemed to be pondering the mysteries of airport logistics:
I stopped for a bite:
After lunch I went to the gate area where exchanged travel stories with this white-bearded fellow traveler on his way back from Norway (or was it from The North Pole?) :
On the plane I chatted with with a woman (for the whole flight!) from North Dakota. She said that she had had and gotten over Covid. Later on, I would have doubts about her complete recovery.
And then I was home.


Search for a Dancer Index…

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023