Friday, December 01, 2023

Puzzling Perspective

Kaffivagninn, October 30, 2023

I once saw an interview with Björk that was filmed in this restaurant in the old harbour.

Since then I’ve made it a habit to stop in every time I’ve been in Reykjavík.

This puzzles me.

The food here is nothing special, although the prices are. My $6 cup of cocoa was from a mix, and not a very good one at that. I’ve also had pastries here; they were not a pleasant experience.

Still, I return.

There are usually a group of old men nattering amongst themselves, and the occasional lost tourists. There are newly-built food halls along this street now, places where you can get a real meal. But I return here to do my duty, wondering why I came.

I drink my cocoa and get back to the city.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024