Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Coyotes of Anoka

Pedaling back from the library, I take the river trail, through the scary woods. I am used to seeing a variety of wildlife: birds, deer, geese, feral cats, woodchucks, etc., but not 60 pound predators with three inch long teeth. It had been drizzling, and the county fair was going on about a half mile away on the other side of the river, so the critter didn't hear my approach. As I swooped down a small hill, there was a sharp curve and as I took it there it was.

A beautiful coyote, wild and free, loping down the bike path, perhaps looking for a furry snack. It turned and fled into the underbrush as I neared.

If my posts stop someday, send out a search party to retrieve my gnawed carcass from the Rum River Trail.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023