Sunday, July 11, 2004

A Gaggle Of Geese

After checking on the well-being of the local feral cat colony (they’re fine, thank you), I continued on the Rum River Trail until my progress was impeded by a large gaggle of geese. They have steadily been increasing in numbers, and are now a force to be reckoned with. Woe be to the unwary pedestrian who comes upon this herd of hissing, spitting descendants of dinosaurs. They are very territorial, and have come to believe that the paved path of the trail serves very well as their bathroom. I slowed my (t)rusty bike and warily made my way into the pack. They moved, but they twarn’t likin’ it.

If they ever remake Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds they should do it with geese. They are mean enough and big enough to do some real damage. So much for any thoughts I may have had of becoming ‘one with nature’. I may have to start adding full riot gear to my bike helmet and gloves.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023