Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Batty's Last Tape

I deal with various archives from time to time. Maybe a photograph, an old clipping or, more likely, a sound recording. Mostly “special” projects. It’s nice to have a fresh, unused reel of recording tape - no worries about splices or damaged sections. I use about one a year, maybe less. I picked up a nice, boxed reel of tape at the thrift store yesterday… 60 cents. It was in perfect condition, maybe it had gone through a recorder once. As I went up to the counter I wondered… is this the last tape I’ll ever buy? At the counter, the clerk rang up 48 cents.

She had given me the Tuesday Senior's Discount.

Without even asking.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023