Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Home Alone

In 15 years of employment, I had taken one sick day. Today I took another. Whatever it was that I had, I just had to stop my daily routine and lay low for while, like a wounded animal. I got up, called in (there wasn’t any work anyway) and watched morning TV for a while (now that WILL make you sick!) I pulled the couch blanket over my bathrobe and went back to sleep. About two hours later I woke up and was absolutely drenched in sweat. There must have been some intense battle being waged for the control of my emaciated bod and I had won. I felt great! All my symptoms were gone and, although I was still plenty weak, I knew I had turned the corner. I got up, put the sopping wet bathrobe in the washer, and took a nice warm shower.

Not dead yet.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Lady of the lake said...

Hmmm...maybe my blog gave your blog the "let's skip work" crud. I called in on Monday. Oh my, we need to degerm the blogs.

Glad you are feeling better Professor, and I REALLY hope work picks up. I've been concerned about this for ages.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023