Thursday, February 17, 2005

Midnight Shift

“… well if ya see old Annie better give her a lift, ya know Annie's been workin’ on the midnight shift… ” ~ Buddy Holly

Down at the lab the trusty Epson 9600 is running 24/7 with a big rush job - 60 40"x60" prints at 1 hour per print. That would be OK but, like a baby, it needs to be fed and changed from time to time. Guess who's stuck with the graveyard shift? Working at 4:00 a.m. is becoming very old very fast. I ain’t no twenty-something who can live on naps and coffee and I ain’t likin’ it: babysitting a stupid ink-jet. One more night, and I can return to the land of the living… where’s my pillow?

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Tykho said...

Sending thoughts of suppports and pillows your way! I hope it's a print of something beautiful..


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you have to be the one! I miss you and a few select others but I'm glad I'm gone for the simple fact that you're there at 4am and someone else isn't. Love ya, miss ya and thinking of what you have to go through.


Blogger Lady of the lake said...

I heard about your hours from your coworker, whom I was talking with via the phone this evening. Sounds like the two of you have put in dreadfully long hours....but the end result will be PERFECTION! (of course!)

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023