Friday, February 18, 2005

SNAP

Normally, when I say the titles Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood, confusion runs amidst the crowd unless I accompany the names with the question, “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Less than two minutes from my dorm is the Landmark Theatre, where legends of the arts come to visit. I managed to score front row tickets (for the aforementioned improvisational comedy duo) for Nikki and myself, and on February 13th, we found ourselves waiting for the laughter to begin.

I knew the show would make my cheeks hurt, and I wasn’t disappointed. In fact, I was praying that Colin and Brad would pull Nikki on stage for one of their skits, but that was the only letdown of the evening. However, their last bit shocked me. One hundred mousetraps (each one eager to ensnare a victim, whether it be a mouse or a toe), removal of shoes and socks, and goggles that had been covered with duct tape.

At first, the sketch (about spring cleaning) began without a hitch, then SNAP! Mr. Sherwood had been kneeling on the ground when his middle finger had a horrifying encounter with a mousetrap. It became as raw as a flopping salmon, and he howled in pain. Colin chuckled to himself and tiptoed across the stage, not missing a beat, when SNAP number two came. He winced as his pinkie toe was caught. I shrieked as the charade went on, and noticed that Brad’s voice became very weak and shaky as though he wanted to cry.

“This isn’t funny!” I kept muttering to Nikki. I pleaded for them to stop, and I couldn’t bring myself to laugh. Thankfully, the skit didn’t last long because I’m sure they couldn’t take much more of it.

Guys, please don’t use pain to make me laugh. You succeeded enough without hurting yourselves!

By Comica


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023