Sunday, March 13, 2005

A BRAND NEW CAR!

The Batty household, when it comes to motor vehicles, is definitely of the bottom-feeder category.

 Buy 'em used, run 'em into the ground, repeat. When the 95 Tracer blew a head gasket last night, the situation changed. The weaver had been making stirrings for months about getting a new vehicle, it certainly was her turn. Of course, I try to be helpful and suggestive, but really all I am doing is telling her what kind of car I would buy.

A BRAND NEW CAR!

I can sense all my rational thought processes leaving my brain - all that remains is the thought of A BRAND NEW CAR! A car made in the same decade millenium! A car that won't break down every six months. A… BRAND… NEW … CAR!

Then I look at our finances. Somehow the phrase A SOMEWHAT USED CAR! doesn’t quite have the same ring to it.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Comica said...

The household just echoed from the sound of my boisterous laughter

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023