Saturday, March 26, 2005

Silence Mode On

It doesn’t consume anything, except my precious time and attention. It sings loudly in a quiet crowd, and the looks I get are anything from annoyed to understanding. It guards me late at night like a mini-Lassie. It hops off of the table whenever it wants to, and I worry about its safety. I'm guessing this could be a mild equivalent to child-raising, which makes me want to avoid being a mother for at least a couple of decades. But boy, do I love playing with it. I hold it in the palm of my hand, petting it now and then. I realize I’ve joined the 21st century, and finally met a standard in Western culture.

Me and my Virgin Mobile “Pay as you go” cell phone. We’re inseparable. Though sometimes I miss the good ole days when smoke signals were a popular form of communicating which, for me, was up until a week ago.

By Comica


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024