Monday, May 02, 2005

Little Scars

Not the big ones, like those from surgery or a major accident. Just those lttle nicks that most of us have here or there, from a moments carelessness, or a freak mishap. There are a couple of straight-line ones on my right wrist left by the cat of my childhood, the only marks he left in the world. I see them everyday, reminding me of a creature that was more than a pet, he was a true companion, we shared so much together, I am almost overcome with sadness/happiness as I write about him. There are other marks, each with its own story, most of them pointless. Then there are the hidden scars, all the minor traumas that befall one on the trip through life - the poets speak of the 'heart' and its affairs. The heart is pretty resilient, whenever I thought love was breaking it, it was only testing it, making it stronger. The heart's little scars define it, not defile it.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Comica said...

I also have the darndest scar on my right hand from a cat attack. It was a stray that had dashed into the house early one morning. My attempts to guide it back to nature weren't appreciated.

A few bruises here and there, a few cat scratches, and a couple of bandaids on the heart.
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and we end up with these interesting little conversation pieces to relate with other souls who have been hurt.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

man! i have acne scares smaller than a inch and smaller than a meter ,but visible. A boy asked me out surprisingly and I was a fraid to sho my face.plz i need to know how to get rid of them by this week!!


Katelynn,sad girl

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023