Thursday, May 19, 2005

My Own Modern Day Saint

"My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is."

Ellen Degeneres. Why the owner of two dogs named "Bootsie" and "Muffin"? Why choose a woman that did the voice of a fish?

Now that I've been home, I remember what TV is again. Every afternoon at 5 PM, Ellen pays my mother a visit. After the opening monologue, Ms. Degeneres does a dance number and her audience always participates with the most enthusiasm.

For someone that has had to deal with "coming out" and facing loads of controversy for being herself, I'm always amazed that she dances everyday. It never fails. And she maintains that great sense of humor.

"I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her."

By Comica


1 Comments:

Blogger lab munkay said...

I love Ellen. She has one of the few daytime shows I would watch if I had a T bow.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023