Thursday, June 30, 2005

Poison

Now I am about as much of an omnivore as anyone. In fact, I have thought that perhaps a diet of a little bit of all things edible would be good for you. Except of course, poison.

Things that other people eat that I consider poisonous:

Green Peppers: I just can't understand them. It may be my body chemistry, but this is food of the devil himself. And they burn just as much.

Bananas: Not acute posion, just a little bit off to my sensitive palate.

Cilantro: Nothing can destroy a healthy garden salad like "Montezuma's Revenge". Excepting green peppers, of course.

Brussells Sprouts: This might be a freshness issue. Sulfur, anyone?

Rutabegas: Definitely of childhood trauma origin. My older sister and I could make each other throw up over these.

My Worst Nightmare: Attending a social function and the featured "Hot Dish" (cassarole) has ALL of the above in it. I take a big bite, realize what I've done, take a big swig of what I think is lemonade and discover it's Clam Juice! Oh the horror!

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I know I don't comment much, but it's usually because I can't think of anything intelligent to say. But posts like that one are a *fantastic* antidote to a very crappy day.

Although I do like Brussels sprouts.


Blogger Comica said...

NOOOO! Not...CLAM JUICE?!
Hehe

Ugh, don't get me started on green peppers. The only time I willingly tried one was just that...the only time! It was a bet. At least I got a dollar out of that, although now I think about it, I should've asked for more wampum.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

...Gary, thanks for the kind words...Brackety - it's good to know that I'm not the only one with a green pepper aversion...


Blogger Tykho said...

I dislike green, orange, red and even yellow peppers.... Black pepper is fine!

Cilantro is worse than dishwashing liquid!! Somewhere alomng the lines of the awefullness of dill.

On the other hand, I love brussel spouts and I don't understand your banana aversion: It seems to be the most tame taste in the world!

Could it be TOO tame for Batty??

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023