Thursday, June 23, 2005

Summer Days

In perfect sync with the calendar, the arrival of summer has come with that steamy weather one forgets about during the depths of winter. The heat is one thing, but when the air doesn't cool off over night is another. I suppose I'll dig out the air conditioner tonight, I hate to start it, but when you can't sleep, it is almost a necessity. Some years here have only a few days like this, but we've been overdue for a torrid summer. So I'll 'fire up' the old AC, and they'll throw another boxcar of coal into the power plant. Heat=cool. No wonder the climate is so screwed up.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Comica said...

Back here in my hometown, it was snowy in late April, which as you can imagine is not the usual behavior Mother Nature exhibits in Virginia.

It's strange to see the rural, farming folk go from huge coats one day to short-shorts the next.

I just pictured several "'baccy" chewin' farmers in tight short-shorts. Oy.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023