Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Inscrutable

Think. Write. Edit. Post.
That's how I usually proceed with these blog entries. (Although some may question the first item on that list.) Earlier this evening, I wrote a post. It was nothing special, in fact it was a mess. It was all about a cryptic message I received in a fortune cookie the other day:
You see pictures in poems and poems in pictures.

No big revelation here, but I attempted to construct an argument against it. No such luck. I tried the obverse argument (Flippism). Still no go. I sputtered through a couple of paragraphs, thinking it was good enough, and I prepared to run it. I was a bit drowsy- I had previously drunk a WHOLE BOTTLE of beer with supper tonight- and the text was riddled with typos. "I'll just run through spell check," I lazily rationalized.

Gone.

My IP has some pretty good control of pop-ups, but it must have mistaken the spell-check window for one. When I restarted my browser, the old post was gone. 'Recover post' did nothing. I started to re-write it, and Blogger wouldn't even let me 'Save as Draft". It knew. It prevented me from posting a bad entry. Artificial Intelligence? Or was it the inscrutable wisdom of the east, stepping in to prevent yet another heresy from yours truly?

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Comica said...

Once my fortune cookie didn't contain a fortune.

Is that a bad sign or what?


Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, what a great fortune. I usually get ones about happiness or friendship.

"stop looking ... what you seek is right in front of you."

or

"There appear to be many clouds;
but they quickly pass."


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of photographs, and poetry, and letting go...

we should go see this show together:

http://www.mncp.org/

~Conandammit

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023