Monday, July 25, 2005

The Quiet One Returns

"Hi."

The quiet one has come back. Her infant has been treated and is healthy again. She smiles as she speaks, her dimple reappears in her perfect cafe-au-lait skin and she laughs, a low "huh-huh-huh". As I stand next to her, I can feel my goofy grin spreading, there's nothing I can do to stop it. A complete body tingle stirs within me, and I feel a second of joy. We talk about her upcoming wedding, I mention that all the single guys will be sad now, now that they've lost their chance. She laughs again, and says she hopes that her wedding dress will fit.

She's only three months and already showing.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023