Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Aftermath

Blogging by candlelight...Thursday evening...
Starting my second full day without electricity, I am reduced to blogging without a computer, flanked by a pair of candles- my laptop is out of battery, the only sound is the scritch-scritch-scritch of pencil on paper. The chainsaw symphony has died down for the night, I'm sure it will start up again at daybreak. I don't know how Abe Lincoln did his studies by such dim illumination. Well, it's dark and I'm tired...I might as well go to bed- after all, it is 8:15! We're all alright, and the sun will come up again tomorrow...


-Now it is Saturday afternoon, normalcy has been restored in our neighborhood, it just won't look the same with all those trees down. And to think what we went through is only about a millionth of what the folks on the gulf coast are going through...

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023