Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Lost Someone

...I lost some one...
Moving out from home, I knew it had to be for good.
...my love...
When you are powerless, the only power you have is to leave.
...someone who's greater than than the stars above...
Four years.
...someone I need...
Only on the other side of town.
...some one who don't let my heart be...
It could've been the moon.
...someone that's the one ...
I needed to get my heart broken,
...you little stranger come on home to me...
And mended again.
...I love you tomorrow...
I hurt my family.
...I love you today...
But I had no choice.
...help me help me I'm so weak...
Depression will kill you as sure as a gun.
...com'on now...
I was on my way down.
...sometime I get a little troubled...
I found a way out.
...let me hear you say yeah...
Two people, trying to make it.
...help me somebody...
It was just the wrong two people.
...now I got something I want to tell everybody...
But we figured it out.
...and I got something I want everybody to understand...
Everybody got bruised on that one.
...you know we all make mistakes some time...
Try it again.
...and the only way we can correct our mistakes...
And again.
...we got to try one more time...
But I made it through.
...so I got to sing the song to you one more time...
Found someone.
...I'm not singing the song only for myself...
It can happen.
...I'm singing it for you, too...
I didn't mean to hurt my sisters.
...And when I sing that little something that makes you feel good inside...
They thought I hated them.
...I want you to scream...
They thought I would never come back.
...you don't have to tell me...
They thought they lost someone.
...but I believe some one over here lost someone...
They heard I got married.
...I said it's gettin' a little cold outside...
It started to be alright.
...and everybody needs somebody...
I found someone.
...You know I like to sing this song...
It was a good thing.
...It makes me think about the good things...
Makes me want to scream.
...Ow!
Ow!
James Brown - Live at the Apollo, October 24th, 1962

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger RS said...

When you are powerless, the only power you have is to leave.

How true, how true.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it''s fucking gorgeous.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023