Monday, September 12, 2005

"Say man...

...long time no see, what's up with you?"
"Not too much, same old same old, what are you doing these days?"
"Counting down the days to retirement, I guess, what have you been up to since you left the city?"
"Oh, making a go of it... married, family..."
"You still got kids at home?"
"They're at home, but not kids anymore..."
"Yeah I know how that goes, my last one moved out a year ago."
"They're almost gone, I guess it takes a little more than a flunky job to move out on these days."
"Say, do you ever heard from that woman you were with back then?"
"Not really, a couple of times in the last thirty years.."
"What was that all about anyway? Why'd you split up?"
"Oh I dunno, there was a lot of stuff between us that never worked out...I wasn't the most astute lover ever created..."
"Yeah."
"It hardly ever comes up anymore, once in a while, like now, somebody brings it up."
"No hard feelings?"
"No, not anymore, you can't let that stuff bug you. It was just some kind of lesson for the both of us."
"Hey, look at the time! Gotta run! Nice talkin' to ya..."
"Yeah, I'll be seeing ya, take care.."

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023