Friday, September 23, 2005

To fear, or not to fear

"You say you're afraid of Death, right?"
Sometimes...
"Let's cut out the grey here, is it yes or no?"
Yes?
"Have you ever tried being dead?"
No.
"Then how can you be frightened if you haven't gone through with it yet?"
I don't know actually...Fear of the unknown?
"You've never eaten a yellow pepper. Are you afraid of that?"
To be honest, yes.
"Okay...what about petting a koala? That's unknown to you."
Well, I guess you've got a point there, but Death is eternal, whereas petting
a koala is not.
"So? What if it's a pleasant kind of eternal? What if you were reincarnated? What if you came back as a koala? Would you want some scaredy cat college girl petting you?"
Um...I suppose not.
"Alright then, I'm glad I made my point."
Wait...

By Comica


2 Comments:

Blogger Professor Batty said...

...death is a given, just mind that you stay out of its way- a one way ticket only...


Blogger Comica said...

What if you reject the concept of death?

I once heard a funny joke that intellectuals realized that gravity was only an illusion, and they were all flung into space.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023