Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Letter

Long Prairie Minn
Nov 21st 1909

Dear Dauter Rose
After so long a time I will write you a few lines
would have written sooner but my fingers
ever so sore I couldent write verry well I
dident want to worry you you so I dident let
you know how bad they wer. one is
well and the other too are nearly healed
up havent lost a days work with them
although it was quite painful the first
to weeks but no one knew it but myself
I am thankful I still have my fingers
and me no one was to blame for me
getting them hurt.
I will tell you all about it when I
see you. Dear Rose dont worry about
us for we are all well and I wish
you wer. dont let any thing wrry you
and see if you cant get well and strong
again for it makes me sore at hart to
have you away and sick allthugh I
know you have a good place to
stay and the best of care and I
am verry thankful for it and I send
my best regards to those people who
took sutch good care of you.
what every you do dont work till you
get to tiard and if any thing comes
up to worry you dismiss it from your
mind as soon as possible. I think it
was horrid for anybody to write you
sutch letters as that one you sent to me and
if I would have got hold of it, it never
would have neen sent everything seames
to be all right now and I guess I have got
them streightened all right again I will
tell you all about it wen I see you and then
you will see how foolish the whole affair was
Lots of Love and the best of wishes,
Ever your Father
E.E. Cowdery


Written by my grandfather, transcribed by

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger lab munkay said...

Intriguing. Do you have any details or speculations?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I believe Rose suffered from TB. E.E. was a blacksmith and a carpenter, he probably banged up his hands while working. I don't know anything about the horrid letter he mentioned.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023